Al-Mahdi Islamic Cemetery
(( Al-Mahdi Gardens ))
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
The Holy Quran states: “… no one knows (where) in what land (or place) he will die”. (Surah 31:34)
In a non-Muslim countries: many members among the Muslim communities are struggling when tragedy approaches their doorsteps. When a family loses a father, a mother, or even a child, they are finding it difficult and even impossible at times to find an Islamic appropriate burial location.
Since 2018, the Al-Mahdi Islamic Center has sought to collect donations to establish an Islamic cemetery to serve the Muslim community of followers of Ahlul-Bayt (PBUH). Unfortunately, with the rising land costs and operational expenses, it would be difficult to establish our own cemetery.
Therefore; After trusting in ALLAH (swt) and with the efforts of the benevolent donors, a plot of land was purchased from Harpeth Hills Memory Gardens Funeral Home to establish Al-Mahdi Islamic Center Cemetery ( Al-Mahdi Gardens);
Why was Harpeth Hills Memory Gardens Funeral Home chosen over other cemeteries?
- Better than other cemeteries in terms of proximity, cleanliness and organization.
- The cemetery is about 30 miles away from Nashville and takes approximately 30 minutes by car.
- Our cemetery is correctly directed towards Qibla.
- A guarantee of life-long maintenance of the cemetery by the management of the main cemetery.
- The cemetery is Full-Service in all respects and meets our Islamic Rituals, includes:
– Meets our Islamic Rituals.
– Complete services, such as transporting of the body from the place of death to the cemetery.
– Ghusl (Washing & Shrouding of the Body.
– Janazah prayer, mourning, burial, and initiation (Talqeen) according to the Ja’afari Islamic doctrine.
Note: all above rituals will be performed by a Muslim member of our community.
- Our cemetery is naturally isolated, as it is bordered on the right by a main street and a service street on left and a wide creek on the north.
It is worth noting that the center still needs the necessary funds to continue on expanding the cemetery to reach the goal of purchasing a 500 additional graves or more, InshALLAH.
The Al-Mahdi Islamic Center and the Nashville Muslim Community pray for the help and support of Allah through this situation. We ask for your heart felt donations to help us reach this most precious goal.
Remember that The Holy Quran states: “Who is it that would loan Allah a goodly loan so He may multiply it for him many times over? And it is Allah who withholds and grants abundance, and to Him you will be returned.” (The Holy Qur’an, 2:245).
Read Al-Mahdi Islamic Center Cemetery Rules and Guidelines!
إطلع على قانون وتعليمات مقبرة مركز الإمام المهدي الإسلامية
Ways to Donate
Our Tax ID: 62-1841685
Donation Receipts are available upon Request.